Good Morning Beauty!
Have you ever noticed that than when a dog or cat wakes up from a long nap, that they take a few moments for stretching? Of course we all know the familiar cat stretch. Morning is a perfect time for getting our blood pumping to the extremities while also getting in some much needed oxygen and help us wake up in a positive way for the upcoming day.
Regular stretching promotes flexibility to help retain youthful agility and keep your body loose and limber.
This set of breathing and stretching moves does not need to take a long time. Only long enough to get oxygen flowing throughout your body while gently stretching all major muscle groups. Vary the stretches that you perform each morning.
Here are a few example stretches:
Standing Cat/Cow Back Stretch
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, without locking your knees.
- Lean forward, placing your hands on your thighs.
- Round your back, closing your chest and rolling your shoulders forward.
- Then arch your back, opening your chest and rolling your shoulders backward.
- Repeat several times while taking in slow, deep breathes.
- Place your right foot in front of you.
- Hinge at the waist to lean your torso forward toward the extended right leg, and bend your supporting knee.
- Slowly flex your right ankle so that your toes are pulling up toward your body.
- Hold for a cycle of relaxation breathing and then repeat with the left foot.
At this time also focus on your core beauty goals for today. Affirm your objective to eat healthy and stay on track with your fitness plan today.
Good Morning Beauty Stretch is added to your daily beauty schedule.