The good news first. The food in this frugal diet plan is good for you and it is about the same price as processed food.
The bad new is “processed foods are bad for you and your beauty”. There are too many ingredients in processed items that cause us to not look our best and more importantly cause illness to our bodies. They cause weight gain and water retention. Limit the amount of processed foods that you eat if you are trying to improve your beauty. This is difficult but if you are motivated then this something that you are going to have to control your urge for unhealthy foods. There is an obsessive compulsive component to overeating and there are steps you can take to help combat the overwhelming urges to overeat foods that are unhealthy.
Part of the reason that I am writing this is that I have to follow my own advice. If I am gonna “talk the talk” then I am gonna have to “walk the walk”. Easier said than done. I like food and I love carbohydrates but guess what. Carbohydrates make me ugly..especially simple carbohydrates. I get bloated as soon as I eat them and I feel lazy and fat. I am sorry if I am so politically incorrect, but this is how I feel. But without them I binge so that is why I am following the three carbohydrate rule per day. This means that I can have a small portion of a carbohydrate at every meal.
Frugal Food for Beauty
1. Beans-this a carbohydrate/protein but they are very good for you and are full of fiber.
2. Whole grain rice, pasta, bread -this is a carbohydrate-be careful as you can only have 1/2 cup serving, you may have to eyeball a slice of bread to make sure you do not go over.
3. Peanut Butter or other nut butters, try to go with the low sugar variety, limit to 2 tablespoons
4. Fruits-other than berries-limit to one serving of fruit per meal
5. Vegetables- High carbohydrate variety-corn, potatoes, etc. you will need to limit your starch vegetables to 1/2 cup per meal
6. Oatmeal-limit to 1 cup, eat with berries and a protein for a filling morning meal.
7. Dairy products-limit to 2 servings per day
8. Vegetables-low carbohydrate variety- Dark green or orange vegetables-you can have unlimited low carbohydrate vegetables
Protein and fat-one serving up to 3 times per day, cut off any excess fat and make sure meat is not breaded or fried
Eggs- up to 2 per day
*Bonus healthy foods for beauty
*Salmon is especially good for your skin but try to eat fish at least 2 times per week for the omega 3s
*Berries-their antioxidants help repair damaged cell. They are also a lower carbohydrate food. You can have these as a bonus-1/2 cups twice per day.
*Avocado-limit to 1/2 of avocado, healthy fat but remember they are high in calories
*Low Sugar Yogurt
*As you eat the bonus healthy foods visualize your digestive system releasing tiny nutrients into your body and repairing any damage. Visualize how healthy they make you feel. Visualize the nutrients and antioxidants making your skin and hair glow.
Beautifying Foods List
1. Mushrooms – a good source of Biotin, they also contain iron Serving Size (100 grams), 38 calories
3. Turkey – is turkey a great way to get protein to help build lean muscle, it’s a source of Biotin Serving Size (100 grams), 104 calories, 18g protein
5. Swiss Chard – and other dark, leafy greens like spinach and kale will raise your Biotin levels. They’re also full of fiber, magnesium, and Vitamin A and Vitamin C. This is one reason why (healthy) salads are good for you. Serving Size (100 grams), 19 calories
7. Salmon – often gets praise for its high levels of protein and omega-3, salmon also has anti-inflammatory properties so this is a super beauty food. Serving Size (100 grams), 208 calories
9. Liver – Biotin rich liver is a great source of iron and magnesium. Serving Size (100 grams), 516 calories
10. Peanut Butter is packed with protein and , but can also provide a large number of calories in just a small amount. Serving Size (100 grams), 589 calories
12. Cauliflower – it contains Biotin and Vitamin C. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable known to help with diseases like cancer and heart disease. . Serving Size (100 grams), 25 calories
13. Whole Wheat Bread – is a good source of Biotin if you are not gluten sensitive. Also a source of protein and iron. Watch this if you are trying to lose weight because this is very high in carbohydrates. Serving Size (100 grams), 270 calories
15. Berries – contain Biotin. The added bonus is that most berries like blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries are high in antioxidants which help fight cancer and heart disease by protecting you from free radical damage. Serving Size (100 grams), calories vary
19. Soybeans – contain biotin, as well as protein and fiber. They are often used as a meat substitute in vegetarian cuisine and are a good source of Biotin for vegetarians. Serving Size (100 grams), 173 calories, 17g of protein.
Frugal Recipes For Beauty