One reason bone broth is beautifying is because it contains collagen which is digested, redistributed and re-purposed by our bodies.
Originally, the thought of consuming this soupy drink seemed a bit weird to me, but the truth is – bone broth is very tasty and really satisfying, especially if you are constantly hungry while trying to stick to our beautifying diet.
Bone broth is great to supplement a paleo eating plan and can be used as a snack.
Tasty Beef Bone Broth Recipe
- 4 pounds beef bones, preferably a mix of marrow bones and bones with a little meat on them (cut in half by a butcher)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium leek, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 garlic head, halved crosswise
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6-quart (or larger) stockpot or a large slow cooker
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place beef bones, carrots, leek, onion, and garlic on a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Toss the contents of the pan and continue to roast until deeply browned, about 20 minutes more.
- Fill a large (at least 6-quart) stockpot with 12 cups of water. Add celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, and vinegar. Scrape the roasted bones and vegetables into the pot along with any juices. Add more water if necessary to cover bones and vegetables.
- Cover the pot and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook with lid slightly ajar, skimming foam and excess fat occasionally, for at least 8 but up to 24 hours on the stovetop. The longer you simmer it, the better your broth will be. Add more water if necessary to ensure bones and vegetables are fully submerged. Alternately, you can cook the broth in a slow cooker on low for the same amount of time.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool slightly. Strain broth using a fine-mesh sieve and discard bones and vegetables. Let continue to cool until barely warm, then refrigerate in smaller containers overnight. Remove solidified fat from the top of the chilled broth.
Prepare every five days if you want to have a fresh batch on hand. You can also freeze a portion to thaw when needed. An easy way to do this is to freeze in ice cube trays and then repackage in freezer bags.
Already made bone broth can be also be purchased from Amazon
How does bone broth beautify?
- Hair – strengthens and helps new hair growth look healthier.
- Immune support – bone marrow can help strengthen the immune system and help you fight off some bugs.
- Diet-helps satiate the body
- Sleeping – bone broth contains glycine which has been shown in several studies to help people sleep better and help brain function.
- Skin – helps repair skin and make it more resistant to aging and other influences that cause the breakdown of skin and elastin.
- Nails – strengthens
- Bones and joints – strengthens and increases flexibility
- Gut – helps heal leaky gut
I always advise our readers to steadily stream any doses of healthy substances and nutrients to the body in small amounts throughout the day to avoid large fluctuations. This allows equal distribution and absorption while also keeping the substances properly saturated during waking hours.