The importance of getting a good 7 to 9 hours of sleep can not be overstated..Nighttime beauty sleep is just that important to being healthy and looking your best.
Beauty sleep helps reduce:
Bags under your eyes
Dark circles under your eyes
Your bedtime ritual should consist of the following steps to get maximum beautifying benefits throughout the night.
If you have trouble sleeping, darken the room 30 minutes before bedtime to set your circadian rhythm and let your biological clock know that it is bedtime. Your natural melatonin should kick in. Try not to take any prescription medicines or over the counter sleep aids as these substances have a negative effect on beauty, unless of course they are absolutely necessary and there is no other way for you to get a sound sleep. If you are addicted to prescription medications or over the counter sleep aids it may be necessary for beauty (and of course your health) to wean yourself gradually off to avoid withdraw symptoms.
Drink a glass of water to hydrate and flush cells during the night.
While you are sleeping the body regenerates and repairs itself but can always use extra help from you. Nighttime can be a good time to add treatments from your frugal beauty routine.
1. Wash your face with a good scrub and apply a light layer of retinol or retin A cream to maximize cell turnover.
2. Apply a thick conditioner if you have dry hair and plan on showering in the morning.
3. Apply a layer of olive oil to dry skin patches if you plan on showering in the morning. A good thick moisturizing body lotion can also be applied for less mess.
4. Get into some loose cotton pajamas to let your skin breathe and lessen restriction on your skin and circulation to maximize blood flow.
5. Brush your skin to circulate the lymphatic system to increase drainage of swollen areas of your body.
5. Do some light stretching moves and breathing exercises to restore relaxation and increase your oxygen levels.
6. Use a satin or very soft pillow case to lessen tugging of facial skin.
7. Dream of something wonderful! One of the most important aspects of this bedtime routine is for you to feel like a sleeping beauty. Feel the restorative magic of a healthy, good nights sleep.
Read more: Better Sleep